Rules The current edition of USA Rules shall apply except as noted in exceptions in each age group.
C. The following exceptions apply to the 10U DIVISION
1. Bases shall be 60 feet apart.
2. Pitching shall be 35 feet.
3. A time limit of one hour and 15 minutes shall apply.
4. Five innings constitute a game except in case of unfavorable field conditions when three innings constitute a game.
5. Third called or missed strike is out.
6. The infield fly rule shall not apply.
7. Base stealing shall be limited to one base per pitch (even on an overthrow) and no stealing of home.
8. A base runner is allowed to lead off after the pitcher releases the ball. The catcher can throw to the base and
attempt to get the runner out after the pitch. If the catcher throws the ball to the base occupied by the runner,
the runner may advance from first to second base as long as a runner was not on second prior to the pitch being
released; or from second to third base as long as a runner is not on third prior to the pitch being released.
The runner is only allowed to advance one base on the play. No runner may advance to home.
9. For each half inning, the team at bat may only score a maximum of seven (7) runs. Once the maximum number of runs
is reached, the half inning shall be considered complete and teams shall switch sides. If the team at bat has more than
seven (7) runs cross the plate in the last as bat, only seven (7) runs shall be counted for that half inning
10. Run Rule: If a team is ahead by 15 runs or more at the end of 2 complete innings, 12 runs or more at the end of
3 complete innings, or 10 runs or more at the end of 4 complete innings, the game shall be terminated and shall
constitute a legal game whether or not the time limit has expired.
11. There shall be no ties at end of regular play. The universal tie-breaker shall be played. If it remains a tie after one
tie-breaker, then it shall be a tie in the standings.