SJ REC SOFTBALL SPRING/SUMMER SEASON TIMELINE
- Registration Period January - March 1
Note: The earlier a player is registered and paid the better we can fulfill requests.
- Annual SJ Free Softball Experience in March
This clinic is open to girls up to 10 years old who have not played softball with South Jeffco.
- Coaches interviewed and selected and Rosters formed end of March Beginning of April
Please note rosters are not finalized until registration is complete. Our goal is to find a team for every player and this can at times require us to extend our registration deadline.
- Coaches meeting Last week of March or First week of April
Coaches must complete all requirements prior to receiving practice schedules and rosters.
- Practices begin: Middle of April
Practice days and times are determined by coach preference and will be assigned after coaches meeting.
- SJ Pre-Season Camp open to Rec and Comp players Date TBD
This camp offers players a chance to get ready for the season and work on game play, techniques, and fundamentals.
- Game Schedules posted last week of April
Games begin the 2nd week in May.
- GSLJC Mini's Coaches Rules Meeting 1st week of May
All mini's coaches are required to attend.
- GSLJC Mini's Opening Day 1st-2nd weekend in May
T-ball and Coach pitch teams attend the opening ceremony in the morning and play 1 game.
- GSLJC Rec Games Start 2nd week of May
Exact start dates vary by age group
- Regular Season Games underway
- GSLJC End of Season Tournament 3rd Weekend of July
Team registration included in regular season fees
- Diamonds Competitive Softball Tryouts 2nd-3rd week of July
More information can be found on the Diamonds link above
**Please not that dates are a general outline and subject to change from year to year**