“RETURN TO SAFE PLAY”
SJSA ORGANIZATIONAL COVID 19 GUIDELINES
SJSA understands that our coaches, players and families are looking forward to returning to the field of play. With that in mind, we are issuing these “Return to Safe Play” guidelines for our teams to follow as we move forward. It shall be noted that these guidelines are fluid and secondary to guidelines set forth by sanctioning bodies and directors. These guidelines will continue to be evaluated and may change as activities resume.
Guidelines to be followed: 1. Federal, state and local guidelines must be the highest priority. 2. Proper personal hygiene and COVID 19 guidelines must be practiced at all activities.
1. RETURN TO PRACTICE
- Any player or coach who is not feeling well, has a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher, or has symptoms identified by the CDC (CDC Symptoms Here) shall not attend any practice or event. Players will not be reprimanded for not attending.
- It is recommended all participants wash their hands prior to and after activity.
- Face coverings MUST be present and worn at all team practices and events for all coaches, officials and spectators.
- All players at a field MUST wear face coverings going to and from the field, while in the dugout and while not actively playing. While players are actively participating on-field, they do not have to wear their face covering. The preference is to not use the dugout at all, but rather space 6ft apart along the fence.
- All participants are recommended to have their own hand sanitizer with them at activities.
- It is suggested that Coaches have disinfectant at the field and use it on all equipment in case equipment has to be shared (team, and individual players). No equipment should be shared between players. This is a precautionary measure.
- All participants must have their own hydration containers. No sharing of containers.
- Social distancing shall be maintained at all times. Players, spectators, officials and/or coaches shall not congregate in close
areas before, during or after activity. When social distancing of 6 feet cannot be maintained, a face covering must be worn.
- All Coaches MUST maintain an attendance log of practices and games and a current roster for their team. This is required to aid public health officials in their tracing abilities shall an exposure occur.
- As facilities come available, guidelines may be in place restricting the number of participants in a group. Teams must adhere to those guidelines at all times.
- Spectators are strongly discouraged. If a household must remain at practice, social distancing of 6 feet from players, coaches and other households must be maintained and face coverings must be worn.
All participants at the field should adhere to the following:
- NO spitting
- NO sunflower seeds
- NO chewing tobacco or spitting out of gum
- NO sharing hydration containers
- NO sharing equipment
We recommend all participating families adhere to the following guidelines:
- Not drop off or pick up your player in an area where another family is dropping off or picking up their player.
- Not congregating with other households at the field.
- Please practice social distancing and wear masks whenever possible at the field.
DUE TO EFFORTS TO MINIMIZE THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE AT A FIELD, PLEASE ARRIVE NO MORE THAN 5 MINUTES BEFORE YOUR SCHEDULED PRACTICE TIME AND YOU MUST LEAVE IMMEDIATELY UPON PRACTICE COMPLETION.
- Leave the field as soon as reasonably possible when practice is completed. Wash your hands thoroughly or use a hand sanitizer after coming off the field. No extra-curricular or social activity shall take place. No congregation after playing.
2. RETURN TO COMPETITION
- Event guidelines must be adhered to at all times.
- Our “Return to Practice” guidelines shall be adhered to, if event guidelines are less stringent.
- Social distancing in the dugout area shall be maintained to the best of participants ability.
- Participants shall return to their vehicle area between games. Do not loiter around the facility risking cross exposure with other participants.
“NO PARTICIPATION” REPERCUSSIONS
Team members and their families have the right to choose not to participate in any activity, i.e. practice, competition and/or travel without fear of repercussion from the organization or any member of the organization. The health, safety and personal welfare of our coaches, players and their families are the main priority for the SJSA Baseball organization.